Written by Hamish Shephard
Hamish Shephard is the founder and CEO of Bridebook, UK’s leading wedding planning app and is considered one of the UK’s most prominent wedding experts. View Hamish Shephard’s full author bio.
It’s only right that you should enjoy your last journey as a ‘single’ person in a fancy vehicle, and luckily there is no shortage of epic wedding transport.
From vintage Rolls Royce and Minis driving after another Italian Job style, to tractors, campervans and even Deloreans, there really is something for everyone.
Whichever style you prefer, it can cost a surprising amount, so at Bridebook.co.uk, home to the UK’s #1 Wedding Planning App, we’ve compiled a list of the best ways to save some all-important pennies!
1. Wedding cars can be quite pricey, especially depending on the distance you require the said car to drive! If you are getting married in a church, try having it close to home or to your reception venue. Factor this in when you’re searching for your perfect venue on our wedding venue directory, the biggest in the UK. That way, you will be hiring the car for a shorter amount of time!
2. Remember how your Dad spends all his time playing with his E-Type Jaguar in the garage? Give him the opportunity to show it off and drive you to say your vows! Alternatively, if there’s always one your Dad always lusts after in your local on a Friday night, see if they’d be willing to drive you (and show off their car, of course).
3. If a vintage car is not something you are keen on, you may be able to save a good deal of money going for the more alternative and quirky options. If you are having a countryside wedding, get in a tractor for your last drive as a single person. Or maybe your brother is a fireman? Try and see if you can get to the venue in the fire truck! Ask around and see what you can get!
4. When you and your beloved leave the ceremony venue to go to the reception, consider using the arrival car for this too. That way you won’t have to pay for two separate cars on the day.
5. For your grand exit at the end of the reception, hire a taxi! In the dark, a taxi looks just as good as any hire car, and will cost you the fraction of the price. If you’re having a London wedding, the taxis are quite an iconic car choice in themselves. At any rate, by that point, not many of your guests will notice nor remember what type of car you got into!
Looking for some more wedding saving tips? Check out our other articles: