Terms & Conditions
Last updated on 25/05/2021
The Bridebook Platform is owned, operated and managed by Bridebook Limited (“Bridebook”, “we”, “us” and “our”). We are a limited company, registered in England and Wales with company number 09190872, and whose registered office is at 43 Manchester Street, London, W1U 7LP. Our VAT registration number is GB 204 9275 15.
By interacting with the Bridebook Platform, whether you are generally accessing and browsing the Bridebook Platform or whether you have registered with us and are using the Services we provide via the Bridebook Platform (being a “Couple”), you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with any part of the Terms, you are not permitted to use the Bridebook Platform in any way. You may only access and use the Bridebook Platform if you agree to all of the Terms.
2. We may make changes to these Terms
The date of the current version of the Terms is set out above. At any time, for any reason and in our sole discretion, we may revise the Terms without notice to you. We may notify you of material changes to the Terms by email if you have registered as a Couple.
Please check the Terms regularly to read any revisions we have made. Any revisions that we make to the Terms are effective immediately and so are binding on your use of the Bridebook Platform when we publish the revised Terms on the Bridebook Platform.
Your continued use of the Bridebook Platform after we have revised the Terms indicates your consent to the revised Terms.
If you do not agree with any revision to the Terms, you are not permitted to continue to use the Bridebook Platform in any way.
3. Registering to use the Bridebook Platform
You may access and browse a limited version of the Bridebook Platform subject to these Terms. However, to make full use of the Bridebook Platform and to use the Services you must register for an account as a Couple and provide certain information about you as set out in the registration process, including details of:
- your name and that of your partner;
- contact details for yourself and your partner (including e-mail address);
- your budget for your wedding (if decided);
- the proposed date of your wedding (if decided);
- the type of venue(s) you would like to use for your wedding; and
- the number of guests you intend to invite to your wedding.
The information that you provide when registering and all other information and content that you upload to, generate or create when using the Bridebook Platform (including guest lists, reviews, messages, files etc.) will be together referred to in these Terms as “Your Content”. Please see clause 11 for the rights that you grant us when uploading Your Content to the Bridebook Platform.
Please make sure that all of Your Content is accurate and complete and is kept current and up-to-date whilst you continue to use the Bridebook Platform and the Services. You must contact us promptly to inform us of any changes to this information.
Upon registration for an account with us, you will be asked to create a username and password. You must keep your username and password confidential and secure at all times and use it only to access and use your account and not for any other purpose. You are the only authorised user of your account, unless expressly specified otherwise, and accordingly you must not disclose your username and/or password to anyone else. You should contact us immediately upon discovering any unauthorised use of your account or error in the operation of your username and/or password.
Usernames and passwords are our property and we reserve the right to alter or replace them at any time in our sole discretion.
Please notify us immediately via the Bridebook Platform if anyone else has become aware of your login details, in circumstances in which there is a risk of misuse or if you have any reason to believe that there is any other risk of any unauthorised use of your account.
We reserve the right to disable your username and password and suspend your access to the Bridebook Platform at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
4. Your privacy
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using the Bridebook Platform may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
By using the Bridebook Platform, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use the Bridebook Platform on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products or services.
5. The Bridebook Platform and our Services
We provide a comprehensive online wedding planning resource service which helps you to find inspiration for, plan and co-ordinate your wedding (“Services”). It is currently free for you to register with us, set up your dashboard and use the Bridebook Platform and Services to help you with the planning of your wedding day.
The Bridebook Platform is also available to various suppliers of wedding services, such as venues, photographers, florists, caterers etc. (together “Wedding Suppliers”). Wedding Suppliers may also register to use the Bridebook Platform in order to list the various services and arrangements that they provide (“Wedding Services”) as part of our directory and promote those Wedding Services to you and other Couples.
We currently provide Couples with the ability to register for a free account on the Bridebook Platform. However, we also offer account types and privileges which you can pay to access and, in the future, we may charge fees for other features of the Bridebook Platform. Wherever fees apply you will have the opportunity to review and accept such fees prior to incurring any costs.
We do not control the material submitted to the Bridebook Platform by you, any other Couple or any Wedding Supplier. In particular, we do not control descriptions of Wedding Services provided by Wedding Suppliers or the ratings and reviews that our Couples provide regarding Wedding Suppliers. We have no connection with any Wedding Supplier that features on the Bridebook Platform.
We do not vet any Wedding Supplier and you acknowledge and agree that you, and not we, are solely responsible for any conclusions you may draw from any Supplier profile, rating or review of any Wedding Supplier appearing on the Bridebook Platform.
6. If you make a booking of wedding services
We allow Wedding Suppliers to register to use the Bridebook Platform in order to promote their Wedding Services to you.
For all Wedding Services promoted by Wedding Suppliers via the Bridebook Platform, it is either the case that:
- we do not offer the Wedding Services for sale ourselves and we have no role in the booking of the Wedding Services; or
- to the extent that you can make a reservation for Wedding Services via the Bridebook Platform, we act as an agent on behalf of the Wedding Supplier in question when processing that reservation.
In either scenario, if you make a booking of Wedding Services, you will enter into a direct contract with the applicable Wedding Supplier of the Wedding Services you have chosen. This will be a direct contract between you and the Wedding Supplier. We will not be a party to this contract. Your booking with the Wedding Supplier will be subject to the specific terms and conditions of the relevant Wedding Supplier you contract with and we advise you to read the same carefully prior to booking. The Wedding Supplier’s terms and conditions may limit and/or exclude the Wedding Supplier’s liability to you.
7. Accessing the Bridebook Platform
It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment (computer, laptop, netbook, tablet or other mobile device) meets the necessary technical specifications and is able to connect to the internet, to enable you to access and use the Bridebook Platform.
We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the Bridebook Platform, or the entire Bridebook Platform, to Couples who have registered with us.
We do not guarantee that the Bridebook Platform, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. If you visit the Bridebook Platform and find that it is down or otherwise not functioning correctly, please contact us at email@example.com and we will endeavour to assist. We recommend that you back up any of Your Content used in connection with the Bridebook Platform, to protect yourself in case of problems with the Bridebook Platform.
There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the Bridebook Platform, or the entire Bridebook Platform, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis) or are modified, suspended or withdrawn by us, in our sole discretion, without notice to you.
8. What you are allowed to do when using the Bridebook Platform
In return for you agreeing to comply with these Terms you may:
- use the Bridebook Platform for the purposes of planning your own wedding;
- print off one copy, and download extracts, of any page(s) from the Bridebook Platform for your personal use. However, you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text;
- retrieve and display content from the Bridebook Platform on a computer screen; and
- where you are using our mobile application (“App”):
- download our App onto a device and view, use and display our App on the device; and
- receive updates to the software code of our App via the relevant app store that you downloaded our App from – these updates may incorporate corrections to bugs in our App.
Your right to use the Bridebook Platform is personal to you. If you sell or give away any device on which our App is installed, you must first remove our App from the device. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Bridebook Platform and, where they apply, will be displayed on-screen or accessible via a link. If you make a booking of Wedding Services provided by a Wedding Supplier, your booking will be subject to the specific terms and conditions of the relevant Wedding Supplier you contract with.
9. What you are not allowed to do when using the Bridebook Platform
You are only permitted to use the Bridebook Platform for the purposes of planning your own wedding, as set out in these Terms. Unless you have requested and received our prior written consent or unless expressly permitted in these Terms, you must not, without limitation:
- sub-licence, assign, share, sell, lease, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer your right to use the Bridebook Platform;
- store pages of or datasets from the Bridebook Platform or any Platform Content on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically or otherwise downloading and storing any or all of the pages of the Bridebook Platform;
- by any means scrape, extract, download, data mine, display, transmit, publish, upload or sell or offer for sale any part of the Bridebook Platform or Platform Content;
- remove or change any Platform Content or interfere with the proper working of the Bridebook Platform or the servers on which it is hosted;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with the security-related features of the Bridebook Platform or features that: (a) prevent or restrict use or copying of any part of the Bridebook Platform; or (b) enforce limitations on use of the Bridebook Platform.
- create a copy of the Bridebook Platform, Platform Content or a standalone website or platform which impersonates the Bridebook Platform, the Platform Content or the Services;
- attempt to access the database, user information, passwords or other records relating to the Bridebook Platform except in the normal course of using the Bridebook Platform;
- attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, reconstruct or discover any source code or software programs used by Bridebook in connection with the Bridebook Platform or the Platform Content; or
use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the Bridebook Platform architecture or extract information about usage, individual Couple or Wedding Supplier identities.
10. The Bridebook Platform is for use by Couples and Wedding Suppliers only
We make the Bridebook Platform available for use by Couples and Wedding Suppliers only.
Companies, partnerships, and other entities or businesses providing or intending to provide a Similar Offeringto Bridebook, as well as their employees, agents, directors, or contractors, whether based in the UK or anywhere in the world, do not have permission to use or access the Bridebook Platform or Services for the purposes of establishing, offering, providing, improving or comparing the Similar Offering.
Any breach of this condition, without our prior written permission, will be a breach of these Terms and we reserve all rights in relation to such a breach, including to remove or refuse access and/or to suspend or disable profiles or accounts or to pursue legal action to protect our rights in the Bridebook Platform.
A “Similar Offering” means the provision of online wedding planning tools, wedding supplier directories, or confusingly similar services to Bridebook, internationally or in the UK.
11. Your Content
All of Your Content will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
By uploading or creating Your Content on the Bridebook Platform, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence for us to use Your Content and all material embodied therein for any purposes including but not limited to:
- reproducing, distributing, modifying, publishing, translating, creating derivative works from, displaying and performing Your Content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology in connection with the Services provided through the Bridebook Platform or to enable us to promote or develop our business;
- providing Your Content to third parties including other users of the Bridebook Platform, Wedding Suppliers, our partners, advertisers and/or our sponsors to use Your Content for their purposes;
- auditing/accounting purposes or as may be required by law;
- measuring and improving the Bridebook Platform and our related products and services; and
- in a form in which Your Content is combined with data from other Couples, whether for own purposes or to provide services and data to third parties, including Wedding Suppliers.
In relation to Your Content you:
- warrant that you have the requisite rights, licences and consents to upload or create Your Content;
- waive any moral rights that you may have in Your Content;
- warrant that Your Content does not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party; and
- warrant that Your Content is not unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or offensive and will not result in any civil or criminal claim being brought against us by a third party in any jurisdiction.
We reserve the right to:
- disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that Your Content constitutes a violation of their rights (including intellectual property rights); and
- remove Your Content, at our sole discretion, without the need to give reasons.
We do not guarantee the availability of Your Content and you may not use the Bridebook Platform solely for storage purposes and in the event that your user account is deactivated (either by us or you), deleted or blocked in accordance with these Terms, Your Content will no longer be available to you and we will not take steps to retrieve Your Content for you.
12. Sharing Your Content among other users of the Bridebook Platform
The Bridebook Platform may, from time to time, allow you to upload and communicate Your Content either to selected recipients or in public areas, such as comments pages and/or message boards (collectively “User Content Areas”).
We do not control the material submitted to User Content Areas (collectively “User Submissions”), nor are User Content Areas actively moderated. You are solely responsible any User Submissions that you submit and acknowledge that all User Submissions express the views of their respective authors, and not our views.
If you participate in any User Content Areas, you must:
- keep all User Submissions that you submit relevant to the purpose of the User Content Area and the nature of any topic;
- not submit any User Submission containing any form of advertising; and
- not impersonate, or misrepresent an affiliation with, any person or entity.
Complaints about the content of any User Submission must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain details of the specific User Submission giving rise to the complaint.
13. Platform Content
The Platform Content may include trademarks or copyright material owned by us or third parties.
We may change the Platform Content from time to time. You agree that the Platform Content is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all of the Platform Content (other than any User Submissions or Wedding Supplier content) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
Except to the extent expressly set out within these Terms, we make or give no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any Platform Content and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded and we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else using or relying on the Platform Content.
14. Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in and to the Bridebook Platform and Platform Content (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by and reserved to us or our licensors (for example photographers who have granted us a license to show their photographs). Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these Terms gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading Platform Content.
In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the Bridebook Platform (only as permitted by these Terms), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.
We take the misappropriation of our intellectual property rights by any user or other third party seriously and will take steps to enforce our legal rights in the event we reasonably deem any such misappropriation has occurred through your use of the Services or otherwise on the Bridebook Platform.
15. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We’re not responsible for Wedding Services provided by Wedding Suppliers. We provide a digital platform via which you can connect with Wedding Suppliers and browse the profiles of, and Wedding Services provided by, Wedding Suppliers. To the extent that you can reserve Wedding Services via the Bridebook Platform, we act as a booking agent on behalf the Wedding Supplier in question when processing such reservations. In all circumstances, if you decide to make a booking of Wedding Services with any Wedding Suppliers who appear on the Bridebook Platform, you will book and enter into a contract with the relevant Wedding Supplier directly. We will not be a party to that contract and will have no responsibility for the acts or omissions of the Wedding Supplier or for the Wedding Services provided by them.
Our responsibility if we breach these Terms. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these Terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these Terms, both we and you knew it might happen because it is something we have discussed prior to your use of the Bridebook Platform.
Our responsibility if we provide defective digital content. If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We are not responsible for business losses. The Bridebook Platform is for domestic and private use. If you use the Bridebook Platform for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or otherwise to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
16. Viruses and hacking
You must not misuse the Bridebook Platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Bridebook Platform, the server(s) on which the Bridebook Platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Bridebook Platform. You must not attack the Bridebook Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this clause, you may be committing a criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Bridebook Platform does not contain or disseminate any viruses or other malicious code. However, we do not guarantee that the Bridebook Platform will be free from bugs, viruses or malicious code and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, devices computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Bridebook Platform. We therefore recommend that you use your own virus protection software and scan regularly for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
17. Linking to or from the Bridebook Platform
Links on the Bridebook Platform to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information that you may obtain from them. We have not reviewed any such third party websites and we do not control or take any responsibility for their content or availability. We do not endorse or make any representations about any such third party websites or any material found thereon or any results that may be obtained from your use of the same. If you decide to access any such third party website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
There are rules around linking to the Bridebook Platform. You may link to the homepage of the Bridebook Platform only, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it and, on condition that you do not replicate the home page of the Bridebook Platform. In linking to the Bridebook Platform you must not:
- create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Bridebook Platform;
- imply any endorsement, association or approval by us other than with written consent, or misrepresent your relationship with us;
- use any logos or trade marks displayed on the Bridebook Platform without our express written permission; or
- link from a website that is not owned by you.
You need our permission to link to certain parts or pages of the Bridebook Platform. You may link to other pages of the Bridebook Platform only with our prior written consent and subject always to the same conditions as set out in this clause.
We can withdraw permission to link to the Bridebook Platform. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of the Platform Content on the Bridebook Platform other than that set out in these Terms, please address your request to email@example.com.
If you have any complaint, issue or are not happy with the Bridebook Platform, please let us know so we can try to resolve it. Please note that any complaints relating to the Wedding Services or Wedding Suppliers must be directed to the relevant Wedding Supplier.
Please contact us using one of the following options:
- Via the Bridebook Platform.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By post to: Bridebook Limited, 8th Floor, 45 Notting Hill Gate, London, W11 3LQ.
We may terminate these Terms and your use of the Bridebook Platform, or suspend your use of the Bridebook Platform, immediately by written notice to you if:
- we consider that you have used the Bridebook Platform in violation of these Terms;
- we consider that any of Your Content is or may be false;
- we consider there is any other risk to the security or integrity of the Bridebook Platform, Platform Content or the Services;
- we believe there has been unauthorised access to the Bridebook Platform;
- we, at our sole discretion, decide to withdraw the Bridebook Platform (whether in whole or in part); or
- we have a legal or regulatory obligation imposed on us, which impacts our ability to provide the Bridebook Platform.
We may terminate these Terms and your use of the Bridebook Platform, or suspend your use of the Bridebook Platform for any reason at our sole discretion, provided that we have given you seven (7) days’ written notice by email or via an electronic communication within the Bridebook Platform.
We may discontinue licensing any of the Platform Content at any time in our sole discretion.
You can terminate these Terms by ceasing to use the Bridebook Platform, deleting your account and (if you have downloaded it) deleting or uninstalling our App from your device.
Upon termination for any reason:
- all rights granted to you under these Terms cease (however, any liabilities incurred by you under these Terms prior shall survive any such termination);
- you must cease all activities authorised by these Terms; and
- (if you have downloaded it) you must delete or remove our App from your device.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens. You will not transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person or entity unless we give our prior written consent.
These Terms do not give rise to any rights under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of these Terms, except as expressly set out in these Website Terms & Conditions
If we do not insist immediately that you do something you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of you breaching these Terms, that will not mean that you will not have to do those things, and it will not prevent us from taking steps against you at a later date.
If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
Without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that we may have, you acknowledge and agree that in some circumstances damages alone would not be an adequate remedy for breach of these by you. Accordingly, we shall be entitled to the remedies of injunction, specific performance or other equitable relief for any threatened or actual breach of these Terms.
These Terms, their subject matter and formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.