LIMITED WEEKEND SUMMER 2022 AVAILABILITY
Thorpe Garden is nestled in the heart of the Staffordshire countryside.
Concealed within the estate is a two-acre walled garden, which has a rich history. Once cultivated to grow produce for the estate (owned by the Inge Family since 1631); in the 80s it became an organic garden, selling its wares to London restaurants. It has now been restored to its former glory, abundant in flowers and trees.
The Ceremony Room is a striking new addition to the garden, designed by RIBA award winning architect Seth Stein. The building features a large sloping roof which floats over the listed Victorian wall, with glass doors opening onto a large terrace and the garden beyond.
The hand-crafted, one of a kind yurt boasts steamed mountain ash supports, solid oak doors and large windows which frame beautiful views of the walled garden. Fairy lights, flowers and festoons create the atmosphere for an intimate dinner and drinks. After dinner, this room is transformed into a spectacular dance floor.
We pride ourselves on our feasts and use the finest produce. A team of highly qualified chefs cook fresh, quality ingredients on our tailor-made grill and rotisseries. We present simple, memorable dishes from canapés to whole barbecued lamb, our signature beef sirloin bricks and smoky chargrilled vegetables. We work with you to design a menu to please you and your guests.
The original gardener’s bothy cottage has also been sympathetically restored, and can be used as the Bride’s Room.
- Thorpe Estate is a 3,000-acre privately owned estate with stunning views of the Staffordshire countryside
- Hand-crafted, one of a kind yurt with beautiful views onto the walled garden.
- Stunning Ceremony Room designed by RIBA award winning architect Seth Stein
- Wonderful gardens available for outdoor ceremonies and perfect for your wedding photos
- Exclusive-use, private venue - located close to Tamworth with great transport links