What is your most memorable wedding?
My best friends wedding; I was bridesmaid and it was such an emotional day!
Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
What is your No. 1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Enjoy it! Have fun with it! It is your day, so make it about you and what you both like instead of what you think your guests might expect.
What is your favourite personal touch you have seen at a wedding?
Miniature, handmade, coloured wool pom-poms instead of confetti to suit the couples fun personalities. They were later re-used as bunting for their children's bedrooms.
Describe your typical process with a couple.
- Email or social media enquiry - here I ask questions to gain a better understanding of what you are looking for.
- Invitation to book a consultation - most important to see if we are a good fit, I can also show you some examples and chat through the finer details.
- Booking fee to secure your slot in my diary.
- 2nd Consultation - we work through exactly which items/package you would like.
- First payment - 50% prior to design work
- Design time
- Electronic proof - your first look at your design! We work through areas such as wording, fonts, colours, design tweaks etc
- Final Payment & print (we may split printing into 2 different time frames depending on the products ordered; for example, invitations in print run 1 and on the day stationery in print run 2)
- Any finishing touches such as wax seals, handwritten envelopes etc
- Delivered to you!
What is the most important piece of stationery for a wedding and why?
The invitation of course! This is the first introduction your guests have to your special day, the invitation sets the tone. It is also the one piece of stationery that family and friends will treasure for years to come, alongside your photographs.
What is your best seller?
Flat sheet invitations; printed onto a high quality stock they are simple but elegant and can be layered. Often they are finished with silk ribbon or a belly band to keep them together.
How do you add romance to any wedding stationery you do?
Romance is all in the wording, I encourage you to add your personalities into your wording, perhaps a special song lyric or line from a poem. The more personal your stationery the better.