What is your most memorable wedding?
An outdoor ceremony, in the Kent countryside, on the hottest day of the year, under the biggest tree in the British Isles. Magical!
Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
Warm, approachable, fun, friendly, relaxed
What about your business are you most proud of?
Being trusted to lead wedding ceremonies on the most important days of people's lives. Winning the national accolade of 'Celebrant Of The Year 2020' at The Wedding Industry Awards - an awards event based purely on genuine feedback from real couples - an exceptionally proud moment!
What is your No. 1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Don't leave it to the last minute to find your celebrant - we get booked way in advance!
What is your favourite personal touch you have seen at a wedding?
Being an animal lover, I love dogs at weddings - and at a ceremony I did last year, having a couple's doggie leading them up the aisle, as they were all showered with confetti was a fabulous sight! I also recently had a bride arrive at her outdoor wedding on her horse. The horse stayed to watch the entire ceremony!
Describe your typical process with a couple.
1. Initial no obligation phone or video call - am I the right celebrant for you?
2. Booking fee taken and your date secured in my diary
3. Receipt and booking agreement sent to couple and signed
4. Planning meeting takes place
5. Ceremony is written and 1st draft sent to couple for any adjustments
6. Ceremony is redrafted as necessary and final version agreed and signed off (ideally a few weeks before the wedding date)
7. I attend a relaxed run-through with the couple - usually sometime during the week leading up to the wedding day
8. I arrive well in advance on the wedding day to chat to anyone playing a part in the ceremony, who may not have been able to attend the rehearsal
9. I lead your wedding ceremony, supporting and guiding you every step of the way!
What is the most unusual thing you’ve been asked to plan?
The involvement of wedding guests in a kazoo orchestra to perform the song 'It must Be Love', for the couple. Totally BRILLIANT!
How do you ensure a stress-free wedding?
Good communication is key - being clear from the start about what will happen when. I provide my couples with a personalised check-list and timeline, and stay in touch as often as they need. A relaxed rehearsal is essential to ensure a stress free ceremony.
What do you love most about your job?
Keep the ceremony at the heart of your celebrations - it really should be the party starter - setting the scene for the rest of the big day. Make the most of the opportunity to really personalise your ceremony by booking a celebrant!
What is your favourite moment at a wedding?
The exchange of vows - gets me EVERY SINGLE time!