What is your most memorable wedding?
My most memorable Wedding took place at the beautiful Eaves Hall in Clitheroe, Lancashire. The place was stunning, the bride and groom were amazing and the guests made you feel part of the wedding party. The amazing staff at Eaves Hall put on a real show. The wedding in question can be seen within the Real Weddings section of my profile so go check it out!
Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
Natural, Relaxed, Candid, Friendly, Documentary
What about your business are you most proud of?
My proudest moment was when I was able to officailly turn professional & having some of the best clients any business could ask for.
What is your No. 1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Stay Relaxed. Planning an wedding can become stressful, if you let it. Don't get caught up on every detail, worrying if everything will work out right. You have to take a step back and enjoy yourselves and cherish this moment in your lives. Wedding Venues, Vendors & Suppliers are all their to help & ease the stress of planning your big day so both of you just enjoy the moment :)
What is your favourite personal touch you have seen at a wedding?
I've noticed in recent years that the traditional wedding cake is slowly disappearing with more variety than ever before. The most quirky cake I have seen was a Colin the Caterpillar with a family of mini Colins.
Describe your typical process with a couple.
1. Pre-Consultation Call - after recieving your initial email once you have enquired, and looked over my email in reply, we will set up (whenever suits you best) a chat and get to know each other a little, speak about minor details, answer any questions you have and what each of us expect, a nice relaxed friendly call.
2. Video Chat/Face to Face - here we get down to business, going over the details regarding your big, making sure we are on the same page so to speak & answering any further questions.
3. Venue Tour - Whether it's weeks in advance or the night before your wedding day, I like to get together and do a run through of your wedding day with you at the venue. This allows me to get accustomed to the place, making my day a little bit easier as knowing where and when parts of your day take place, means I won't be missing any special moments. This may also be first time we meet in person, so being able to have a friendly chat with you helps relax us all ready for your day.
4. The Wedding Day - dependant upon whether you've selected The Ceremony or The Wedding Day package, I will generally meet you both on my arrival & say hello to everyone and then I'll jump straight in & start capturing your wonderful day.
5. Once the Wedding is complete, I'll then begin post processing (the editing part) to get all of your pictures organised and looking fantastic. Once that's completed, I'll upload them to your own personal Gallery and sent you an invite to viewing them. I will check with you both that you are happy with the pictures & make any altercation you may wish to make sure you are both pleased with your images.
What is the No. 1 photo that you think every couple should take?
This one would have to be a couple only shot, outside in front of the venue, it's intimate, loving and helps showcase the stunning location your chose to have your special day. ( Close 2nd - you have to capture the father of the bride, seeing there daughter for the first time in their wedding dress )
What is the most original photo you’ve been asked to take at a wedding?
The most original photo I was asked to capture was a Saber Arch in which the bride and groom pass under an honorary arch of sabers, typically when exiting the building in which the wedding ceremony took place.
What do you recommend for a rainy day wedding?
Staying Calm! We do live in the UK after all, so it just becomes an added feature to your wedding day.
Describe how you got into photography.
Being an avid amateur photographer for over 10 years, when life gave me an unexpected twist, I decided it was the time to take my passion to the next level. Joining the Master Photographers Association allowed me to adapt to the world of wedding photography, with insights and mentoring from some of the best photographers in the country, leading to today, running my own business!