Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
Authentic, modern, relaxed, friendly and fun! People don't always love having their photo taken, so I try to make the process as relaxed and easy-going as possible! I'm not hugely into posing people, so I tend to give some direction and watch things play out as I feel this is a better reflection of your personalities and relationship.
What about your business are you most proud of?
I am so proud of how much the business has grown within its first few months, securing wedding bookings for this year as well as next. I hope this continues! But I am also super proud of my own determination to improve both my photographic and business skills to ensure I can deliver the best quality service to my clients.
What is your No. 1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Plan beforehand & leave all expectations at the door on the day! I completely understand that this day is likely something you've dreamt about for years, but first and foremost, you should be enjoying yourself. Your wedding will likely encounter a few unforeseen hiccups, and that's ok. Don't hold onto the things that go 'wrong' or aren't exactly as you'd planned, remember to enjoy and embrace the day for what it is!
What is your favourite personal touch you have seen at a wedding?
Anything personal to the couple. I love a Photo Booth or disposable cameras, anything that creates keepsakes for the couple or guest to physically keep.
Describe your typical process with a couple.
1. Enquiry - responding with Wedding Info packet.
2. Chatting over email.
3. Sometimes meet up and chat, get to know each other a bit more.
4. Confirm booking with deposit and contract signing.
5. Client receives Wedding Guide.
6. Client receives Wedding Questionnaire to be completed in advance of Wedding day.
7. Meet up to discuss wedding (For first or second time dependent on client)
8. I will likely visit the venue and have a scout around if I've not been before- join me if you like!
9. Email me or message whenever you like! Let's stay in contact.
10. Remaining invoice the month before wedding date, to be paid 14 days before.
11. Questionnaire must be completed before wedding.
12. Wedding day!
13. Sneak Peak within 48 hours.
14. Full gallery usually completed within 4 weeks
What is the No. 1 photo that you think every couple should take?
Anything during golden hour!
What do you recommend for a rainy day wedding?
Clear umbrellas. Or dependent on the couple, post-wedding breakfast, embrace the rain! Photos in the rain can be gorgeous.
Describe how you got into photography.
I studied photography for A-Level at sixth form before leaving school. I did the whole.. I don't know what I want to do bit, before working full-time as a waitress, saving to travel around and ending up teaching photography at a summer camp in the USA. I absolutely loved it, and decided to go to University to study for a degree in Photography. More summers at camp, 2 degrees later, and a stint as a photographer on board a cruise ship (before Covid), I decided to launch my business in early 2022! And now I am here.